RE: Proposed Venn Diagrams

At 12:20 PM 2003-05-09, Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) wrote:
>I think that the intention here is to
>refer to the REST architecture idea that "thou shalt use no verbs but my
>verbs".  I believe that they consider "tunneling" verbs through CGI
>scripts to violate the architecture.

Is it our intention that the C and D in the venn diagrams represent only
the # of verbs, or other pieces of the architectural styles?

If C is REST, then it is also stateless (no cookies).

Therefore, D, in addition to removing constraints on # of verbs, would also
allow state to be stored outside the client (cookies).

If we only consider # verbs, then C is a subset of D (completely nested
within it).  If more than verbs, then C may extend partially outside of D.

I think we want the venn diagrams to represent more than just # verbs, but
I'm not sure what else is in or out.  Probably want C to overlap D a little
more (it looks like it might ever so slightly, but a little more would be
easier to see).  We could then discuss what constitutes that part of C that
is outside of D.

Paul