From: Francis McCabe [mailto:fgm@fla.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 9:10 AM
To: Monica J. Martin
Cc: Martin Chapman; member-ws-chor@w3.org; www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Re: [ws-chor] 4/29/2003: Updated Glossary of Terms

Since we are currently editing the WSA spec, we need a placeholder for
the notions of Choreography and probably orchestration.

I propose the following:

Choreography:

The pattern of interactions, expressed as a pattern of types of
messages, between a set of service requestors and providers. A
description of a choreography may include a description of the
necessary states that give rise to the particular message patterns.

In contract, Orchestration would be:

A mechanism for ensuring that a set of service providers and requestors
exchange messages in accordance to a choreography.

We would appreciate comments on these definitions, as a new heart-beat
spec will be published shortly.

Of course, if WS-CHOR comes to consensus on these terms, the WSA will
be updated acccordingly.

Frank McCabe