RE: Draft language on MEPs, synchronous, and asynchronous.

+1 Overall, especially to combining   this with the MEP concept.  Without
that, we risk complicating the definition to exclude irrelevant senses of
these terms.

> MEPs which describe closely coupled, or lock-step
> interactions are frequently referred to as "synchronous".

How about "time-coupled" or "closely coupled in time"?  "Coupling" has a lot
of other meanings and I think we want to explicitly talk about
timing-related coupling.... One wants to say "synchronized" of course, but
that doesn't add any information!