Re: Reliable Messaging Summary

Assaf Arkin wrote:
> Would it make sense to assign each level of guarantee some feature name, and
> then list all these features in the service definition?

It would make sense, but the difficulty is finding a common feature set
for reliable messaging systems, plus the difficulty that some messaging
systems may not allow a specific combination of features. The challenge
is to find an abstract description that you can map to actual
capabilities. (The possible introduction of intermediaries, implying a
hop across protocols, introduces other problems).

BEA's proposal includes a hint that the interacting parties can
negotiate QOS out of bounds, but there's no mechanism proposed for doing
this.

--Jon