RE: Counting noses on "is SOAP and/or WSDL intrinsic to the defi nition of Web service"

I don't think anybody who voted +10 denies any of these points, or wants to prevent people from taking these different approaches, or says that these alternative approaches are bad in their own application domains.

The only real point here is whether, when it comes to define what the label "Web services" exactly means and what should be the scope of WSA's work, these alternative approaches by themselves qualify or not.

Again, it's not a matter of judgment. It's a matter of labeling and scoping.

Ugo