RE: A question for our leaders (was RE: AR023.7.1 (was Re: Dead trou t

The answer is "yes, of course."  Oddly enough, the Requirements don't say
this as explicitly as I remembered, maybe because we "just knew" that the
objective is to support the needs of business.

What the Requirements doc does say is: "Of course, it is also important to
recognize that an important motivation for the product of this Working Group
is to support the needs of enterprises that use Web services for the purpose
of engaging in e-business."

This is clearly not just an academic exercise; an intellectually pure
architecture that doesn't actually have real-world implementations or
reflect practical business knowledge would not meet the requirements of this
activity.

Of course, one would be forgiven for not getting that impression from this
mailing list :-)  But that's the price we pay (and benefit we get) from
doing the technical work in public.