Re: Layers in the WSA (was RE: [Fwd: UN/CEFACT TMG Releases e-Bus ines s Architecture Technical Specification for Public Review])

+
 > 3. The specification, ngotiation, and enforcement of agreements as in
 > ebXML should be possible, but as a layer on top.

[DUANE] In a lot of ways,  I like the WSAG approach better where a CPA
is not explicitly required for every message.  The WS provider still has
the option of making a CPA ID a required parameter to use the WS interface.

> This means you should be able to do the following:
> 1. Discover information about a service (e.g. using WSDL) which should
> include information about the additional SOAP features that the service
> supports or requires (e.g. Reliable Messaging, use of signatures,
> conversations and choreographies) - see more below.

One missing component I would like to see is semantics.  David - do you
think there is a way to leverage the semantics of UBL, CCTS for the WSAG?

  > 2. Use that information to send a message to the service that includes
> as features (i.e. SOAP headers), the necessary information for the
> destination to determine what to do with the message
>
> 3. The destination, when it receives the message, checks the SOAP
> headers and other data in the message against its policies as
> represented in the WSDL (or elsewhere) and decide if the message is OK
> to process.

Doesn't WSCI provide the framework for determining message content?  I
guess using WSCI is not a requirement of the WSAG however.  This sounds
very similar to a working group in CEFACT called the Generic Business
Message Header working group.

The flexability of the WSAG to not specifically require, yet still allow
this where needed is nice.  I may be writing a chapter for a book on
[SOAP | Web Services].  I may take this on as a challenge to show SOAP +
WSDL working with an ebXML CPA.

Duane

--
VP Strategic Relations,