RE: Intermediaries

Right, because a gateway changes the message. So I understood your statement as saying that whenever the message is changed (including the gateway case) you have a choreography/orchestration node.

But rereading your note it now seems to me that you meant something else than what I originally understood (choreography=intermediary), i.e. the idea of choreography as a way of describing the passage of messages through a set of nodes in sequence. In that respect, you could use that concept regardless the fact that those nodes are intermediaries or not.

Ugo