From: Jean-Jacques Moreau [mailto:jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 3:45 AM
To: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: Definition for a Web Service

Thanks for the new draft; obviously, this is the result of a lot of
efforts!

Regarding the new definition for a Web Service: apart from being more
specific (WSDL, SOAP, HTTP), which I like, the other major difference
seems to be that a Web Service is no longer identified by a URI. Is this

intentional? Shouldn't this be added back?

<previousDefinition>
A Web service is a software system identified by a URI [...].
</previousDefinition>

Comments?

Jean-Jacques.