RE: Issue: Synch/Asynch Web services

My point was that originally the WSD group seemed to at least mention the sunc/async distinction at the MEP level (In-Out vs. Request-Response). So if I see a WSDL interface that defines an In-Out MEP I have the expectation that the service will behave asynchronously (otherwise the Request-Response MEP would have been used) even though, as you say, the WSDL does not define any correlation mechanism.

But if Request-Response is dropped from the spec, then evidently In-Out must work for both synchronous and asynchronous behaviors, so the WSDL interface gives me no clue of what the service expects.

Ugo