Re: Issue: Synch/Asynch Web services

As Roger noted, you need a means of message correlation to make
asynchronous interactions work. This could be an abstract notion, with a
specific binding detailing how it should be done for a particular transport.

The problem is that WSDL MEPs are not connected with any concept of
correlation, even an abstract one. The result is that MEPs are in danger
of being irrelevant for true asynchronous messaging.

There are supplementary specifications to handle correlation. These
solve the problem but they do it outside the realm of MEPs, which are
effectively ignored (e.g. WS-Callback just models everything as a
one-way MEP: the real MEP semantics are not specified at the WSDL
layer). See also the recent Context Service specification draft.

--Jon