RE: Issue: Synch/Asynch Web services

Roger,

I think your point of declaring sync/async at the description (WSDL) level is an important one.

On the other hand, I am confused about what the WSD group is doing in this area. If you look at the latest WSDL Part 2 draft at [1], there is some indication that the WSD group wanted to address the issue. It distinguishes the In-Out MEP from the Request-Response MEP, and defines the latter as: "This pattern is identical to In-Out with the following exception: Any message with {direction} 'out' is sent on the same channel as the message with {direction} 'in'".

But the just published "Recommendations from WSD Patterns Task Force" at [2] seems to have decided to drop the Request-Response MEP in favor of just using the In-Out MEP. Somebody from the WSD group might be able to shed some light over this.

Ugo

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12-patterns.html#request-response
[2] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12-patterns.html#request-response