RE: Issue: Synch/Asynch Web services

Heres the tricky part and why I think there is push back. Where is the
waiting happening?
For SOAP it depends on the binding - if the underlying transport can have
multiple oustanding requests and will do  the correlation there is no need
for the soap layer to be involved. If on the other hadd the transport
doesn’t support pipelining/multiplexing then you can either do correlation
at the soap level or at the application level. Independent of where it
happens (and whether the underlying protocols suppprot it) it can still be a
sync request response i.e. at one level it looks async but on another it can
be synchronous.