Re: There is no spoon Neo

"David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com> writes:

> This problem is exactly why I wanted the WSD group to change some of the
> definitions.  I suggested endpoint -> web service and service -> web
service
> collection.  So a web service is an individual endpoint identified by a
URI,
> ie a Web service=Resource.  Now we've got this wierd situation where a web
> service is this collection of resources, so how do we say what a web
service
> is without getting abstract?

There is currently a proposal in front of the WSDL WG (by me) to
restrict a <service> to a single interface (aka portType) and to
say that all <port>s within that service MUST implement precisely
that portType.

That means that a single service is defined as something that
provides some function (as defined by that interface) and available
on one or more ports (or endpoints). The service is still uniquely
identified by the QName of the <service> element, which is kinda
like a virtual "resource."

Does that help? If so please help push that position! ;-)

Sanjiva.