RE: Some proposed definitions of "web service" based on the call toda y

Ok. I agree that we could choose to only have one thing we
call a web service.And I can see that my naming choices
were based on that premise.

My point was if we have an architecture with specific
constraints such as "must have soap or wsdl", *there* are
two things--regardless if we choose to discuss or name
two things.

I can see two ways to discuss one thing: rhetorical or technical.
Rhetorically, we could just choose not to discuss things that do not
meet our technical definition that therefore need not name it. Or we
could technically define one web service that is inclusive--where I
thought we started from and were moving away from. Are you advocating
restoring a definition like the general one we had or is there another
way? Am I missing something from your position?

Would you describe the nature of this thing?
	a) is ws the thing that all the various industry papers and
		press talks about?
	b) is ws the thing that conforms to our architecture?
	c) is it both of these?

   If both,
	1) then is what we publish in the architecture document nearly all
		optional features?

	2) Is it precise enough to define how ebXML works and other
		instances of a) above? or does it include those only though
		general statements? or something else?

DaveH