Re: Nailing down the definition of "Web services" and the scope o fWS A for the document

WSA-compliant is way too strong a term IMO. Why can't we just call it a
Web Service?

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
phone: +1 508 234 3624

www-ws-arch-request@w3.org wrote on 04/17/2003 12:20:55 PM:

> WSA-Compliant seems a bit overloaded for what we're defining.   How
about WSA-Defined or WSA-Specified?
> Colleen
> "Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler)" wrote:
>  I cannot attend the telecon, but I think I have made it clear that I
feel strongly about
> preserving the early bound scenarios that may not involve a formal XML
definition of the
> interface.Beyond that, my opinions about your questions are:-
WSA-Compliant seems better because
> ebXML certainly uses XML but is presumably not going to be
WSA-Compliant.- I think that an actual
> realization of a machine processable interface description should be
optional.- I think the WS is
> the agent and it has an interface, but I'm not too excited about this
distinction.  I trust the
> people who are more precise about these things to keep this stuff
straight.

WS?"  "WSA-compliant WS?"
> other?- How formal / machine processable must a WSA-ish WS description
be? - Is a WS an interface
> to some service, or does the WS have an XML interface?It would be good
if people who feel strongly
> about any of these issues were to get their arguments on the virtual
table  before the telcon.