Re: Stranger in a Strange Land

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 08:47:19PM -0400, Champion, Mike wrote:
> My dispute with the RESTifarians is over whether the
> "envelope-less" approach will be practical in complex applications, not over
> whether the SOAP approach is necessary in simple applications.

Hey, I *love* envelopes.  Keeping metadata with the data is *good*.  It
improves simplicity, manageability, and the self-descriptive capability
of messages (SOAP's especially good at that).  There's probably other
benefits too that don't come immediately to mind.

Now if folks would stop putting methods in them (the "SOAP approach"
doesn't have to be that), and just use documents, we'd be all set. 8-)

BM