Re: To be a Web service, or not to be a Web service ...

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 02:42:50PM -0700, Assaf Arkin wrote:
> Whatever technology you have that can let you adapt to the
> ever changing Web is applicable. A.I. is one way to go. SOAP and WSDL
> may be more practical in the short term.

Hmm, in my observation, the only way that we (the human race) have
successfully built "webs" of software components like you describe,
is by giving each component the same interface.

New ways of doing this may well be invented in the future (A.I
perhaps), I don't know.  But IDLs like WSDL have never been successful
at this task, while the common interface approach has been (e.g.
HTTP and SMTP).