RE: Nailing down the definition of "Web services" and the scope o f WS A for the document

Hmmm ... I think the way we (actually Eric) have recently defined it is
clearer.  The code that does something in the real world might be a
"service" (and for that matter, the humans that put the book in the box or
load the truck, etc. might be the ones who perform the "service"), but I
think it's useful to think of the *Web* service as the standard XML/URI
interface to the service.  That way the Web service can be neutral with
respect to whether the "service" involves bits, atoms, humans, or whatever
... it's all just about XML and URIs.

Maybe Eric could remind us  of the rest of his reasoning ....