RE: What DO we agree on? (was RE: The stack diagram (was RE: Discuss ion topic for tomorrow's call)

I think that while what you say mey be true, we do need to focus our
attention
on the aspects that relate to the technology we are talking about. Yes,
you could
convey a description of a Web service over the phone, but is that
necessarily what
we are striving to achieve? I would hope that we would in fact want to
have the
description machine processable, that's what makes it more broadly useful
IMO.

I for one DO think that we want to have an architecture that requires that
the description
be in XML... at the very least, XML Infoset... its on-the-wire
representation might not
necessarily be required to be pointy brackets (XML1.0 second edition
serialization).

My $0,02,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com