From: Newcomer, Eric [mailto:Eric.Newcomer@iona.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 6:33 PM
To: Ugo Corda; Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler); Www-Ws-Arch@W3. Org
Subject: RE: Is This a Web Service?

Agreed.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Ugo Corda [mailto:UCorda@SeeBeyond.com]
	Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 5:54 PM
	To: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler); Www-Ws-Arch@W3. Org

	>I still would like to get some sense of whether we can agree
about the HTTP GET of an image.

	The XML Protocol WG has been discussing the idea of considering
binary attachments as a logical part of a SOAP message infoset. If this
concept is taken further forward in that WG, it might very well happen
that the HTTP GET of the binary image you are talking about will just be
correct SOAP 1.2 (after applying the Web Method Feature). At that point
there would be no doubt about it being a Web service.

	Ugo