From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Ugo Corda
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 3:31 PM
To: 'Anne Thomas Manes'; Ricky Ho
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org
Subject: RE: Intermediaries - various cases

If we are talking about a SOAP message processor that translates the SOAP
request into a call to an application method, I think the message processor
is the ultimate receiver node. The communication between that message
processor and the application is not done using a SOAP message, so we cannot
see the SOAP message processor as an intermediary and the application as the
ultimate receiver SOAP node (even though that application represents the
application layer - as defined in the XML Protocol Abstract Model - for that
SOAP message processor node).

Ugo