RE: arch diagrams from the f2f

Very interesting points,
So, we have two concepts to bring in:

1. Service Provider Description
We have distinguished between service and service provider in the diagram.
The service is the oval.

When we were 'counting' on UDDI as the registry, we used to say that a
'complete description' was created
by adding the business characteristics, service provider characteristics,
and categorization to the interface and implementation description. The
UDDI entry carried this description.

I agree, we need to factor that in business description, service provider
description, and categorization description.

Should we add a layer over policy for 'service provider description' ?  I
was thinking that policy will usually apply to a service instance, just
like implementation and interface.

2. location discovery and interface discovery
I also think its VERY interesting to differentiatate between location
discovery and interface discovery. Thats an important point thats often
glossed over and forgotten.

How do we represent this? two arrows to the discovery agency?  Does that
mean there are also two publishes? interface and location? I think they are
parallel concepts.

Heather Kreger
Web Services Lead Architect
STSM, SWG Emerging Technology
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572

jones@research.att.com on 09/19/2002 01:39:45 PM