Re: new editor's draft of WSA available

Jean-Jacques,

I have incorporated the first part of your comments. There was quite a bit
of material to incorporate, so I have placed your full set of unaddressed
comments on the editor's todo list.

New draft at same location:

 http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/arch/wsa/wd-wsa-arch.html

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
phone: +1 508 234 3624

"Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr> wrote on 10/24/2002 06:03:55
AM:

> Hi Chris,
>
> On the same line, I think my SOAP comments[1] on Heather's
> draft[2] were not addressed either...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jean-Jacques.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Oct/0001.html
> [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Sep/0296.html
>
> Christopher B Ferris wrote:
> >
> > Joel,
> >
> > Not ignored, but missed (by me). Appologies. I will look to
incorporate
> > these comments
> > in a subsequent draft.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Christopher Ferris
> > Architect, Emerging e-business Industry Architecture
> > email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
> > phone: +1 508 234 3624
> >
> > Joel Munter wrote on 10/23/2002 02:04:33 PM:
> >
> >  > Several weeks ago, I completed a review of Heather's draft
"Discovery
> > Words" before they were
> >  > incorporated into the WSA draft material.  I see in this latest
> > publication that my suggestions
> >  > and comments were ignored and the issues that I addressed with my
> > comments are still present.  I
> >  > have re-issue them here for your reference.  Please consider these
> > comments.
> >  >
> >  > Original Comments:
> >  > Portal UDDI Registry: The following sentence seems a touch awkward.
"A
> >  > portal UDDI registry runs in the service provider's outside the
> > firewall or
> >  > in a DMZ between firewalls." Please consider adding the word
> > "environment"
> >  > between provider's and outside. There is the beginning of
discussion of
> >  > "role-based" visibility here also. There is a similar capability
that is
> >  > now defined within the UDDI specification itself and should be
expected
> >  > within vendor-based tools and future registries.
> >  >
> >  > This comment "...complete business context and well thought out
> > taxonomies
> >  > are essential if the service is to be found be potential service
> >  > requestors..." which you have associated with just the [public]
UDDI
> >  > Business Registry absolutely applies equally to all forms and
usages of
> >  > registries.
> >  >
> >  > Acquiring Service Descriptions: This statement "...Internal
Enterprise
> >  > Application UDDI registries and Partner Catalog UDDI registries
will
> > require
> >  > no pre screening to establish trust of the service..." is not true.
> > might
> >  > host a web service within my enterprise and still need to establish
> > level
> >  > of working "trust" with (internal) users of the service.
> >  >
> >  > I like to describe WSIL as getting a business card from someone
that
> > I have
> >  > already met or someone that I have been introduced to. The
"business
> > card"
> >  > provides a rich set of very specific information. If you agree with
this
> >  > analogy, then you might want to add something to that affect.
> >  >
> >  > Joel
> >  >
> >  >

Thu,
> > 26 Sep 2002 13:40:05 -0700 -----
> >  >
> >  > To:
> >  >
> >  > www-ws-arch@w3.org
> >  >
> >  > Subject:
> >  >
> >  > RE: Discovery words
> >  >
> >  > Hi Heather,
> >  > Is this what you are intending for inclusion into the WSAWG spec?
If

(http://www.ibm.com/webservices,