RE: Definition of Choreography

Zhu

You asked ...

>>> In this discussion thread, some are for, and some against, having a
formal description of choregraphies (public processes), and they being
separate from private processes.  This question is for the "for"s, isn't the
BPSS of ebXML precisely for the purpose of defining public processes?  If
that is not sufficient for the purpose of choregraphy, what are missing?
why?<<<

BPSS is close but is more complex than is needed.

>>>Shouldn't message formats (those of payload, not the headers or evelops)
be included in a choreography definition?  Aren't they equally important (if
not more) as the sequencing of messages?<<<

Yes, messages are equally important, but I don't think you should be
specific, for example you can do ...
BUYER                              SELLER

Where Order is an EDI, RosettaNet, xCBL, cXML, etc. etc...

If you have different choreographies for every separate messge format, then
you will get unnecessary duplication.

David