Re: wire stack words and diagram

As all SOAP 1.2 bindings, the MOM-based binding would be expected
to make the sender's address available via the
reqres:ImmediateSender property. If that was not the return
address, the return address could be carried in a binding
specific manner, for example via a header field of the underlying
protocol. The EMail binding shows how you can do this for the
Correlation feature[1].

Rather than implementing the ReturnAddress feature via a binding,
one could implement it via a SOAP Module, as you are pointing
out. Bindings are not supposed to consumme or otherwise process
application modules (headers that are normally processed by
applications); but bindings are allowed, I think, to augment the
infoset to transport, and so a binding might very well decide to
insert its own header before sending the message, that header
being consummed by the receiving binding, and made available to
the application via a specific property, for example
myBinding:returnAddress.

A third option would be to implement the ReturnAddress feature as
a SOAP Module explicitely handled by the application. The binding
would not be involved at all.

Does this help?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/NOTE-soap12-email-20020626#correlation