REST based reliability, transactions

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 01:13:03PM +0200, Jean-Jacques Moreau wrote:
> Mark, I think it would be usefull at this point if you could describe what these
> extensions might be.

I talked about reliability a fair bit, during the HTTPR discussions last
year.  For example;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-discuss/2001Dec/0008

See also;

http://www.prescod.net/reliable_http.html

which is basically the same thing, only Paul didn't know about RFC 2774.

As I've mentioned, there are many different types of transactions, and
we'd have to design a very general model (like everything else on
the Web).  I honestly don't know what that would look like though, I'm
no transaction guru.  I have some ideas, but my company's current market
focus doesn't require such a technology, so I haven't had the
opportunity to test them out.