RE: Web Service Definition [Was "Some Thoughts ..."]

Mark,

	It is your and Steve's definition with Heather's ideas. I just made the
aggregation and the amendments. Kind of standing on the shoulders of giants
(Haven't seen you folks f2f yet to see if you are really giants with broad
shoulders :o))

 | - not sure what a "binding" is in this context
 | - don't know what "direct interactions" means
<KS>
	My take on this is the definition of the "first contact" point Mike
mentioned.
</KS>
 | - don't know what the significance of the distinction between
 | "application" and "component" is
<KS>
	Yep. Like I pointed out earlier, to get the job done, the web service can
invoke a component, just do it by itself or aggregate other web services or
just sit tight. So component, application et al are kind of synonymous here.
I am trading very lightly here, as we (as in Cisco) had months of passionate
debate on services Vs components, still going strong.
</KS>

cheers