Re: Comments on proposed requirements

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 11:01:58AM -0700, Francis McCabe wrote:
> The following are based on a reading of the current version.
>
> 1. What is an architecture?
>
>    This question is not directly addressed, and yet it seems to me to be
> vital in clarifying many of the issues we have faced.
>    My suggestion (a drop-in for section 3.1.1):
>
>    An architecture is a set of elements and a set of relationships
> between the elements that characterize the principal constraints and
> internal dependencies within the set of elements.

Our glossary already provides a pretty decent definition, IMO;

"The software architecture of a program or computing system is the
structure or structures of the system, which comprise software
components, the externally visible properties of those components, and
the relationships among them."

I don't think this also needs to be in the requirements document, but
I wouldn't be against it.