  From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Champion, Mike
  Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 9:01 AM
  To: Burdett, David; Champion, Mike; www-ws-arch@w3.org
  Subject: RE: REST, Conversations and Reliability

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
    Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 11:57 AM
    To: 'Champion, Mike'; www-ws-arch@w3.org

    Doesn't SOAP build on the Web? Isn't SOAP 1.2 being developed within the
W3C? Why are you so SURE that the "W3C staff/director/TAG" would not accept
a WSA built primarily on SOAP?

  Oops! Violated my own dictum that "SOAP" != "RPC"

  I meant that the W3C staff/director/TAG would not accept a WSA built
primarily on RPC / OMG OMA  principles.  Obviously SOAP 1.2 reflects these
concerns and sorry for the confusion.