Re: REST, Conversations and Reliability

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 09:06:38AM -0700, Burdett, David wrote:
> Mike
>
> I total agree that a WSA that only built on RPC would not be accepted, as
> you say below.

Perhaps a definition of "RPC" would be helpful.  If you look at
Xmethods.net, they break Web services down into two types; document,
and RPC.  But even the document types are RPC, at least by my
definition, and the definition I understand Mike to be using.

The rule of thumb I've used is; if there is a method name in the SOAP
envelope, then it's RPC.  Because when SOAP is used with an application
protocol, the method comes from the protocol.