Re: A REST challenge

"Narahari, Sateesh" wrote:

> > Why would you give out addresses on www.myhomeaddress.com without
> > coordination? There are a hundred simple solutions to the
> > problem. After
> > all, the URI namespace is infinite. You could subdivide it in any of a
> > thousand ways. Each process could embed their PID in the URI. Each
> > *object* could embed a pointer address in the URI. Each process could
> > have its own IP address or domain.
>
> Exactly. Coordination is required, and REST as an architectural style does
> not provide support for this coordination ( as per my understanding ),

The person running the www.myhomeaddress.com server needs merely to set
up a policy and require services running on that machine to adhere to
the policy. The sharing of resources (ports, URIs) on a single machine
is far outside the scope of the W3C.
--
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002, conferences.oreillynet.com