RE: [RTF] Behavior definition of Services - public discussion

My bottom line is

> >> concepts like semantic equivalence that
> >> could create expectations well beyond what Web Services can actually
> >> deliver today.

I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing and using technologies using "a graph
of concepts that a web service provider  publishes to describe his or her
service. A client applies a matching test to that graph -- which might
include getting references from other graphs -- to see if the graph is
congruent with his desired service."  Maybe I'm not looking in the right
places, but I just don't see that in the real world of web services today.

Thus, it is IMHO inappropriate to *require* the WSA to accomodate ideas
which *may* prove powerful, until their practical value has been
demonstrated.  The W3C -- to bang one of my favorite drums, sorry -- is most
successful when working to standardize practice, and least successful when
trying to do computer science by committee.  I would be very happy to
incorporate field-tested semantic inference technology into the WSA, but I
can't agree to require it based on the current state of the art.