RE: WSAWG requirements document - initial editors draft

Thanks, Daniel, for this draft. It's good to have something specific to comment on. I have a few, which I hope the group will consider:

1. Abstract, 2nd line: "These services provide a standard means of communication among different software applications involved in presenting dynamic context-driven information to the user." I'm not sure the last part of the sentence is essential and/or necessary. As currently phrased, it implies that the purpose of such app-to-app communications is to present something to a user (by which I assume a human is implied). Whether or not Web services have such consequences - and this is just one of the many side-effects - the first part of the sentence is true. I would juts shorten it to the essential: "These services provide a standard means of communication among different software applications."

2. D-AG001-a: I'm not sure what a "defensible basis" is. Defence against whom? Attack by what?

3. D-AG002: I wonder if "modularity" of components, and "granularity" are not two separate goals. The first deals with content, the latter with size - to put it simply.

Thanks,
Nilo

Nilo Mitra
Ericsson Internet Applications, Inc.