From: www-ws-arch-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-arch-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Mark Baker
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 10:24 PM
To: Christopher Ferris
Cc: www-ws-arch@w3.org; Carroll Tom; 'mchugh.m@grainger.com';
'davoren.m@grainger.com'
Subject: Re: Thinking about Web Services Architecture

I like Daniel's suggestions for how to proceed, and his characterization
of our primary deliverable.

One of the issues mentioned is that anything we produce has to be
cleanly integrated into the existing architecture of the Web.  As I've
found in the XML Protocol WG, coming to concensus on what this means is
easier said than done.  For this reason, I expect that most of our work
here will be spent trying to determine what this means to us, and FWIW,
I would consider this an excellent use of our time.

I'd like to see this issue get some special attention in any process we
follow.  It's likely too early to say what form that attention should
take, but one off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion would be to start
discussing this immediately.