RE: Web services Requirement at the client side in Orchestration

Depends on what you are doing and how you define Web service.

If you are doing a B2B transaction you are probably going to have a Web
service of equal capacity on both the buyer and seller side so you can do
nitfy things like send messages in both directions using a variety of
protocols. (Think peer-to-peer)

But even if you are looking at the simplified B2C scenario where you use a
Web browser to access a shopping site, it still holds true. Your Web browser
and e-mail client are able to exchange XML messages over network protocols
so they can be considered Web services. Probably not as sophisticated,
scalable and hard to maintain as what the merchant is runnin, but still some
form of a Web service.

Basically, whatever you have on the buyer side that is capable of sending an
RFQ request to the seller and receiving an RFQ from the seller is a Web
service. And if it's as simple as an HTML form or e-mail, then you can
download your Web service for free. And if you want to interact with the
seller using SOAP, WS-Security, RM, you'll probably need a bit more than
that.

arkin