RE: Does RM make a qualitative difference?

Well, at least we have lots of company on the road to perdition :-)

I would be very happy to see a section of the WSA document explaining the
REST position on coordination/reliability and pointing out the situations in
which it is likely to be most appropriate.  I'm not interested in another
"All you need is REST ... REST is all you need" permathread, however. The
WSA will (presumably) support REST principles as a MAY, but it will not
insist on them as a MUST.

So, is there some reasonably non-doctrinaire language to describe *how* GET,
PUT, POST, and DELETE *can* provide a sufficient coordination language you
wish to propose?