RE: Message Expiry & the WS Architecture

David,

I completely agree with you that, as we address more and more elements of the Extended Web Services Architecture, we will inevitably encounter many cases of overlapping Features. In some of these cases it might make good sense to identify and extract the overlapping parts as self standing elements that could be used in combination with other Features, as you mention below.

It might be time to address the issue of Features combination within WSA. One natural place to discuss this could be the Web Services Extension Framework document at [1], which Chris Ferris has been working on.

Chris, have you had a chance to give any thoughts to the subject of Features Combination so far? (There might actually be some commonality with the Composition discussions you have been participating in within the WS-I Basic Profile).

Ugo

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/arch/wsa/wd-wsa-ext.html