RE: REST and document-oriented Web services

Of course a service may want to restrict what types of documents can go
in and out,
some clients may want to know which types of documents are being dealt
with apriori,
and some providers may want to declare the types of documents they
handle upfront.
Also a client may want to know what is going to happen when a document
is posted.

Martin.