RE: Web Services Architecture Requirements 23 April 2002

Interesting point.  Here's my take.
All security literature and publications from all sources,
not just some specific ones from certain vendors, should be
factored in without prejudice.  I can't imagine how some members
might entertain the idea that this standards body would base its
work on some roadmap drawn by their competitors.  In any case,
it'll be up to the specific vendors to bring their materials
(copyrighted no doubt) to the standards table and make their
own thesis and defend it.

> E.g., w.r.t.
>
> >The description of a web service SHOULD include security policy.
>
> There is discussion of a future WS-Policy specification, among
> a range of additional security extensions.

That may well be something we can use or reference in the future.
Some competing entities may have alternative proposals though.
They always do.

Regards,

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service