Re: [jena-dev] Re: OWL subLanguage Determination

Cc-ing webont
Note: "Jeremy's jena.owlsyntax" is an "OWL Syntax Checker"

Kaile said:
 >   Managed to reduce simple query time from few minutes to .3 seconds
 > and without having to give the JVM any more memory too :))). Jeremy's
 > jena.owlsyntax really helped in tracing a lot of the ontology
 > definition problems.  Ensuring the sub-language being Lite improved
 > the merger and query time without having to make any code changes.

(full context below)

I found this very surprising - you're using a rulebase reasoner that has no
particular preference or desire for OWL Lite input (well not in the strict
sense - I believe we have better rules for the Lite vocab), and you report
that even so, the OWL Lite definition is a useful guide to gaining better
performance.

I didn't expect that.

Jeremy

Context: