Re: request for update to webont page

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 12:47, Deborah L. McGuinness wrote:
> i am getting questions from people who are confused because of the
> december dates in the references on the web ont pages
> (all of the documens state proposed rec and dec 15 on te main page -
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/
>
> also, there is no mention on current events of recommendation status .
>
> could someone make an update to reflect the feb 10 dates (and a mention
> of our rec status would be nice as well).

OK, I updated it...
  $Revision: 1.293 $ of $Date: 2004/02/19 22:17:35 $

Keep in mind that the page is about and for the WG; I update
it as often as I need to for WG business, i.e. every week
or two. (Jim and Sandro occasionally tweak it too.)

The place to point people for up-to-the minute tech
report status is http://www.w3.org/TR/
and the W3C home page (http://www.w3.org/) tracks
high level news on a daily/weekly basis too.

The Semantic Web page has a news section too...
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
It tracks OWL specs with pretty low latency
too.

Jim and Guus and I have been talking about an
outward-facing OWL homepage, ala
  http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/
or
  http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema

That sort of thing can be very valuable, but it
can also be a challenge to meet expectations once
you say "this is the place for OWL news!"

I lean toward community-maintained resources like
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/OwlTalks
but I haven't convinced Jim and others that
we should use that for OWL news and such.

> thanks,
> deborah
see you at the W3C Tech Plenary in Cannes 1-5 Mar 2003?