Re: Proposed response to Hugh WInkler - allDisjoint

At 12:40 PM +0300 9/22/03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>Mike Smith
>>  1. There is problem with the Guide text as it is.  It notes the most
>>  naïve approach to creating disjoint classes, which is O(n^2).
>
>How about simply pointing to the test case. e.g.
>
>After:
>  "However, in the use cases we have seen, n is typically small. "
>
>Add:
>[[
>When n is large,
>an <a href="??">example</a> in [OWL Test Cases] shows a
>possible more efficient encoding.
>]]
>
>The current URI for the example is:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-owl-test-20030818/proposedByIssue#I5.21-002
>
>on approval this will become
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-test/byIssue#I5.21-002
>
>Jeremy

I still think we need to actually describe the solution, not just
point at the test -- Mike, how about putting a paragraph of
description (take it from Ian's email or work with him to get it
written) describing what to do - something like

"When n is large, an alternate encoding can be used.  In this case, ..." etc.

For some reason I thought we had agreed to do this when I withdrew my
objection to not adding allDisjoint, but I cannot find the record of
that - so now I ask again.  Also, we should have something in Ref
that points back to this section of Guide or has a discussion there.
  -JH

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***