Re: [Fwd: Comments for OWL Candidate Recommendation]

At 6:06 PM -0500 9/21/03, Dan Connolly wrote:
>On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 16:27, Deborah L. McGuinness wrote:
>>  ok - after susan responded, i moved to participants and am happy with
>>  a name listing.
>>  Whenever we do the next update, we might just get one person to do the
>>  updated name listing that we all should include.
>
>My 2 cents:
>
>I don't see this as an internal administrative matter;
>I would prefer that editors acknowledge whoever they
>think deserves acknowledgement. A practice I have used,
>and one I like, is that each time you paste text in
>from somebody else, you add their name to the acknowledgements
>section.
>
>If the editors want to get together and do something
>uniform, very well. But I'd rather not spend group
>telcon time that way.

Dan-
  With due respect, you are right that this does not need to take WG
time, but you are wrong about it being up to the editors at this
point.  I remind you that this was a chair's decision ([1]) made
early in this calendar year. As it says there:

each of these documents should contain an acknowledgements section
that specifies specific contributions you feel you want to make
known, and then lists all the members of the WG in good standing in a
separate pargraph (we'll get that list to you at some point soon)

so all WG participants will be listed in each document.
  -JH

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Jan/0399.html
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***