Re: New test editors draft extra credit tests

What would people think of Sandro having a pointer from his results
report to the editor's draft of the test document, and maybe even
some text saying the results of the tests are according to that
document -- I'd hate for someone's implementation to get "dinged"
because they tested on the CR document and reported the results on
that...

At 1:25 PM +0300 9/12/03, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>I have completed the action to add extra credit as a status
>
>I have updated all the Manifests to indicate the test approvals of last night.
>

>The text can be found in the editors draft
>
>http://www.w3.org/2002/03oelt/editors-draft/draft/
>

>particularly
>
>http://www.w3.org/2002/03oelt/editors-draft/draft/#extraCredit
>http://www.w3.org/2002/03oelt/editors-draft/draft/#webont-wg-changes
>
>i.e.
>[[
>No decision has yet been taken, this change is awaiting approval of WG.
>
>To illustrate I have temporarily changed the status of the following tests to
>EXTRACREDIT without working group approval: someValuesFrom-002,
>extra-credit-002, I5.26-001.
>
>Approved extra credit tests are now normative.
>
>Added EXTRACREDIT as a status (variant of APPROVED). Resulting new text:
>
>+ Section 2.2 Extra Credit Tests (all)
>+ In section 5. Testing an OWL Implementation a sentence was added at the end
>of 5.1 OWL Syntax Checkers.
>+ A paragraph was added at the end of 5.2 OWL Consistency Checkers.
>+ A new explanation of rtest:status was added to section 6. Manifest Files.
>]]
>
>The new text is:
>[[
>2.2 Extra Credit Tests
>
>  The Web Ontology Working Group has seen adequate implementation experience of
>most of the tests in this document. Some, however, are particularly difficult
>to implement efficiently. These are labelled as extra credit tests. Such
>tests indicate the semantics of OWL, but may use features that are not
>sufficiently widely implemented to provide good interoperability.
>
>A general case of extra credit tests is that all OWL Full nonentailments and
>consistency tests are extra credit tests. This is because typical OWL Full
>implementations prove entailments but cannot prove nonentailments.
>
>Extra credit tests are labelled with "EC" within this document and with status
>EXTRACREDIT in the manifest files.
>
>The name indicates that there is no expectation that any implementation will
>successfully run such tests and any that do gain extra credit.
>]]
>

>5.1
>
>[[
>  An OWL syntax checker when presented with any of the test files must return
>the indicated result. **This includes the extra credit tests. **
>]]
>
>5.2
>
>[[
>The above constraints also apply to extra credit tests. Consistency checkers
>that return the correct answer (i.e. not Unknown) gain the extra credit.
>There are no OWL Lite extra credit tests.
>]]
>

>[[
>The rtest:status of the test corresponds to the process of appendix A. It is
>given as one of the following levels:
>
>APPROVED
> [...]

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***