Re: description-logic208

in message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0115.html
we had
[[
We have been able to run description-logic/Manifest203, 206, 663, 666
as well but with a customized ruleset and also 208 and 668 except
for the conclusion
  oiled:V16448 rdf:type oiled:C122.
for which I asked Sean's advice in message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0106.html
]]
that was august 26 2003

                      Evren Sirin
                      <evren@cs.umd.edu        To:       www-webont-wg@w3.org
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: description-logic208
                      www-webont-wg-req
                      uest@w3.org

                      2003-10-08 01:58
                      PM

> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Sean Bechhofer wrote:
>

>>  Has anyone had any success with this test?
>>
>>  http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/description-logic/Manifest208
>>
>>  Judging by the test results, nobody has passed this one (and I'm
>> getting
>>  odd results from my implementation). I am beginning to wonder whether
>>  there was an error in the translation from the original test, but if
>>  someone has managed to show the entailments, I'll be happy.....
>

> I am now convinced there is a problem with this one. Both RACER and
> Vampire claim that that the following entailment in the conclusion does
> *not* hold:
>
> [[
> <owl:Thing rdf:about="http://oiled.man.example.net/test#V16448">
>  <rdf:type>
>   <owl:Class rdf:about="http://oiled.man.example.net/test#C122" />
>  </rdf:type>
> </owl:Thing>
> ]]

I agree. Our reasoner Pellet also says this entailment does not hold.

Evren