Contributors lists RE: webont membership

To second Dan, although I actually have no particular interest in doing so,
since I am certainly in the list of "not-in-good-standing" members it does
not make any sense indeed to see my name listed on documents which were 98%
wrapped up when I joined the WG, and to which my only contribution if any
was to say "good job, folks" and trying to use them properly.

Being listed among contributors of a document should mean some *effective*
contribution and input, the relevant level of "effectiveness" being left to
editor's appreciation, which is indeed a delicate task. The lazy solution
of copy-pasting the list of WG members from the data base is a way not to
have anybody angry, of course ...

What is the purpose of those listings, anyway? To reward folks happy to see
their name here, or to provide useful information to readers of the
specification? Seems to me that the latter answer is the most sensible one,
readers can rightly understand that anyone listed should be knowledgeable
on the document matter, and able to provide some kind of support about it.
If they discover that somehow this is not the case, those lists lose any
kind of credibility.

Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant
Knowledge Engineering