Guide Comments: Proposed response.

WG

Proposed response to Atoine Isaac.

- MIke

Antoine,

See my suggested rewording at the end of the extract.

> > lower bound. In

> > > For my humble brains it stills sound confusing. A numerical
> > function
> > > may have something called a "numeric range", but in my opinion it
> > > would still be the "owl:range" meaning (even though restrected to a
> > > set of numbers). How about using "cardinality range" ?
> >
> > The trouble with 'cardinality range' is that it is a new
> > concept, within
> > OWL, that we would need to define somewhere.  I was trying to
> > reference
> > well-understood concepts from outside OWL.  I would propose
> > replacing 'range' with 'numeric interval' (thanks to Jeremy
> > Carol for this suggestion).
>
> A numeric interval is indeed what is to be used to described an
> [n...m] interval, but then it does not make sense any more in the
> sentence
>
>  [owl:maxCardinality can be used to specify an upper
> 	bound. owl:minCardinality can be used to specify a
> 	lower bound. In combination, the two can be used to specify a
*numeric interval*. ]

> since we lose the fact that this interval bounds the property
> cardinality. I would sugger to add "bounding the property cardinality"
> (or a more suitable verb : my english vocabulary is quite loose) at
> the end of your rewording.

  owl:maxCardinality can be used to specify an upper
  bound. owl:minCardinality can be used to specify a
  lower bound. In combination, the two can be used to limit the
  property's cardinality to a numeric interval.

Please reply to the mailing list as to whether the above changes
adequately address your comments.

- Mike

Michael K. Smith, Ph.D., P.E.
EDS - Austin Innovation Centre