Re: S&AS: D.1

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Subject: S&AS: D.1
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:41:43 +0100

> Hi Peter,
>
> I think you forgot to add a mapping rule for D.1 from
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Mar/0066.html
> viz:
> [[
> D.1 Allow equivalentClasses with a single description, which maps to
>      the  description. Result is that ontologies with
>      "orphan"descriptions are in DL. They are NOT in Lite.
>
> ]]
>
> e.g.
>
> EquivalentClasses(description)
> =>
> T(description)
>

> (The current rule with n=1 maps to the empty graph, which does not need to be
> blocked)

I believe that the current mapping rules do do this translation, because of

	For many directives these transformation rules call for the
	transformation of components of the directive using other
	transformation rules.  When the transformation of a component is
	used as the subject or object of a triple, even an optional triple,
	the transformation of the construct is part of the production (but
	only once per production) and the main node of that transformation
	should be used for that node of the triple.