Re: OWL S&AS: Translation to RDF Graphs [agenda request]

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Jim Hendler wrote:

> At 10:47 AM -0500 6/24/03, Dan Connolly wrote:
> >Dave didn't find our response satisfactory.
> >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Jun/0068.html
> >
> >Jim, Guus, pls consider
> >   - finding more rationale for the status quo that we might
> >   use to convince Beckett
> >   "Maybe you do have multiple interoperable implementations of
> >   the mapping from OWL's concrete syntax (RDF triples) to OWL's
> >   abstract syntax and I am just unaware of them.  If that is
> >   the case, then I would be more satisfied."
> >
> >   - re-opening issue 5.26-OWLDLSyntax
> >http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.26-OWLDLSyntax
> >

> >Otherwise, I guess we can add Beckett to the dissenters on issue 5.26.
> >
> >Maybe this merits telcon time this week?
> >

> This will be on the agenda in some form - I need to decide if this is
> a new issue, a reopening of an issue, or what.  Also, Sean, do you
> think your reverse mapping document could become "a real document"
> (I'd suggest informative agenda to S&AS) if we got you some help on
> it?  That seems to me to be the most responsive thing to this
> comment, and a valuable document for implementors

It could do yes. Unfortunately though, I have very little spare capacity
to work on it at the moment. The next couple of weeks are pretty much
taken up with project meetings and other commitments, and I am then on
holiday for the rest of July (proper holiday with no chance of network
connection :-). My guess is that this is needed before August. I'm also
likely to miss tomorrow's telcon due to a research away day.

I would be happy for it to form the basis of something if someone else
wants to work on it -- in fact more than happy as that would ensure that
someone else had taken a detailed look at what I'm doing....

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer
seanb@cs.man.ac.uk